Monday, October 29, 2012

Sorbet

Okay okay, here it is. I have been wanting something cold to eat since we've all been sick in this house and that is when 'sorbet' was born. I wish I was creative enough to think of a clever name to call it...but I can't. If you think of one let me know! :-)

It consist of mostly fruit and then some liquid of your choice. I used my magic bullet to make one serving and it was perfect, but that means my measurements will be approximate..I didn't think much would come of it when I made it.It's not meant to be hard like sorbet from the freezer, think soft serve. I am sure you could throw it in the freezer for couple hours if you'd prefer though.

Coconut Mango 'Sorbet'

1 1/2 cups frozen mango
3 frozen strawberries
1 1/2 cubs coconut water (you could sub coconut milk but I used water for a stronger flavor)
1/2 cup of almond milk

Place frozen fruit in the blender/magic bullet and add 1/2 the coconut water. (Tip: Start with less liquid if you think it is too much for your blender to keep it thick.) Blend until it's too thick to blend anymore. Add the remaining coconut water, blend blend blend! Add the milk, blend some more! Pour into a pretty glass, add an umbrella, and enjoy!

If you find it too thick to keep blending to get the fruit completely pureed just add more liquid. I wanted it to stay pretty thick so I just worked with it. Try your favorite frozen fruit! Or my person favorite: STRAWBERRY and FRESH BASIL! YUM!!!

Let me know how it goes!

AND an added bonus to this post:
He approved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment