Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Travels: Alabama


I haven't been able to post for a while because Gideon and I were out of town (with little internet access) for almost the entire month of December. We enjoyed time with both sides of our family. At the beginning of December we visited my side, surprising my mom and spending two weeks with them at their new house in Alabama. Then heading to Charleston for Christmas with Adam's family.


Uncle J and the Birthday Boy
While in Alabama we had a little celebration for Gideon's first birthday with my parents, brother, and cousins! It was so fun to celebrate with them. And to meet some of my young cousins (well, I guess second cousins) for the first time.



My mom always throws the best parties!





We also got some good quality time with my parents!
Fun times with Pawpaw! 
Lots of love from Grammy!


Playing with Great-Grandpa
The Christmas Parade in Ozark is quite a big deal for the town. It was so fun to be in a small southern town again. Everyone knows everyone! Two of my cousins were in the parade, too! 

Kenadee (the one showing a little sass :)) cheering her heart out!
Charles riding with his motorcycle club.
Side note. There's little that warms my heart more than seeing a little girl melt when they catch sight of their daddy. Charles has FIVE little girls that are googly eyed for only him! As soon as they heard his motorcycle coming they started screaming! And didn't stop until he was out of sight! "DADDDDY! THERE'S DADDDDDDYY! AHHHH" It was adorable. I could hardly even take photos.

Four Generations! 

Well, that will be if for now. More to follow about our time in Charleston soon!

3 comments:

  1. eeeeek i would have loved to be at your mama's party. she da best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! So I have the pleasure of getting to spend the day with my nephews five little girls and thought they would enjoy reading your blog! I showed them this one and even on the tiny screen they seen the pic of him (Charles) come on the screen and squeals of "my daddy"!!!! Filled the room!! Such sweet love that you now have the wonderful indescribable gift of experiencing!! I love you daughter of mine!! Xoxox momma

    ReplyDelete